In the e-shop, payments are processed using the makecommerce.lt platform, managed by Maksekeskus AS (Niine 11, Tallinn 10414, Estonia, reg. No .: 12268475), therefore your personal information required for payment execution and confirmation will be transferred to Maksekeskus AS
1. What is your data collected and processed?
• Registration details: name, surname, e-mail, telephone number and delivery address.
• Purchase details: name, email, phone number, IP address, shipping address, payment method, payment details and basic information of third parties receiving the goods.
1. What is the personal data collected used for?
• We use the personal data provided, such as: name, telephone number and address, to ensure quality delivery of goods. Based on this data, we can also see the history of your orders and payments.
• We will only use the contact details you provide (such as email or telephone number) if we need to contact you about order fulfillment, delivery details, as well as newsletters (with your consent) and invoices, or to respond to inquiries or comments. .
• A unique cookie number identifies a visitor's browser each time they visit a website. Cookies do not allow web pages to remember any personal visitor information (such as the visitor's name and address) that the user may forget to keep secret. Cookies can always be turned off and on, but some features of the page may not work. Using cookies remembers information from previous visits, so other visits may be simpler and more useful. We do not use or allow any third party to use statistical analysis data to collect any information that allows us to identify visitors to our site.
1. To which third parties may we disclose your data?
• Personal data is transferred to trusted third parties and only to those with whom we have contracts. Third parties are not allowed to use your data for purposes other than the implementation of the intended services. Personal data may be transferred:
• Parcel delivery service providers (i.e. courier services for successful parcel delivery);
• Marketing and marketing service providers, whose services we usually use for data storage, telecommunications, website administration.
1. How long is your personal data stored?
• Your data is stored for as long as is necessary for the successful completion of the transaction under the contract of sale of goods: from the moment you provide your data when placing an order, but not for less than required by the company's legislation. Obsolete personal data is not intended to be stored by the company, so updating it (for example, when you change the data in your account) only stores up-to-date, up-to-date information. The Company may also store historical information if required to do so by law or to conduct our business.
• You can refuse or restrict your data at any time by submitting a written request to us at email@example.com or by calling +37065635356. In that case, the data may be erased or reliably depersonalised upon receipt and examination of the request. However, in this case, it may mean that we will no longer be able to provide quality services (delivery of goods, provision of relevant information, etc.).
1. Policy Changes.